Take some smoothed out lounge music, add a splash of hip hop, and stir in a little jazz for mixer and you have got an “Urban Cocktail Hour!” If you like your cocktail hours loungy and your hip hop jazzy, you’ll love this mix!
For this month’s mix, I found myself inspired to play music with a little more acid jazz and hip hop influence. I marked it “Explicit” because there are a few random curse words but it is far from offensive. There are plenty of sultry melodies, great vocals and smooth rapping to fill out this sexy hour long episode. I really think the live acts I saw this month influenced my choices in grooves. I saw The Roots and Solillaquists of Sound perform live this month and had a great time. Next week I am going to see Kid Beyond and cannot wait!
On a personal note, I submitted a remix of Vieux Farka Toure’s “Ana” to CCMixter.org’s remix contest. To listen to my remix CLICK HERE. I also built a new PC for music production that is so fast it makes my head spin! 🙂
Anyway, I hope you enjoy this month’s episode,
Here is the tracklist…
1. Black Mighty Orchestra- Ocean Beach (Cybophonia Cinematic Remix)
2. Pete Phunk- The Sunny Streets of New York
3. Johan Brunkvist- Downtempo Lounge (Acid Jazz Remix)
4. Joe Bataan- Chevere Que Chevere (Ursula 1000 Remix)
5. Guardner- All right
6. Jurassic 5- If you only knew
7. Harvey Lindo- Rugged Individuals ft Count Bass D
8. J Boogies Dubtronic Science- Try Me ft Goapele and Capitol A
9. J. Lang- Hip Hop for Dummies ft KCentric (Sucker Free mix)
10. Blue Monk- Doin’ Ma Thang
11. Revolution Void- Weekend Amnesia
12. Meloman and Patrick Petruchelli- Sy
13. Jimpster- Left and Right
14. Envelop- Hear my Answer
15. Soulstice- Fall in to You.